Thursday, December 20, 2012

Travel Bookmark

I'm getting ready to go on a trip to France and have been busy reading different travel books. I thought it would be nice to have a bookmark to mark my spot while I'm reading up here in the US and also to mark my spot when we are out and about in France.

I inked some white paper with Tim Holtz Stormy Sky and Festive Berries Distress Ink (in honor of the colors of the French flag), then stamped images and words from the Passport to Adventure and Road Trip sets in black pigment ink. I then put some clear embossing powder on the bookmark and heat set (I will admit I only intended for the embossing powder to stick to the images and words, but it also stuck to the distress ink and gave kind of a nice pebbly texture that I wasn't expecting...it's always fun when your mistakes turn out to be a good thing).


Bon Voyage friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...